2018

I’m sort of a dive in all the way kind of person. I usually don’t set goals, we’ll large ones anyway, unless I’m certain I can achieve them or come close to. Last year I was pregnant with my second and most of my resolutions were related to being pregnant. This year I decided to simply start out by treating myself better, so I made a mission statement which I will share here in a little bit. While 2017 wasn’t all bad (the birth of my daughter Olive and both surviving a scary pregnancy complication), there were some unexpected events and news that caused me to rethink and restructure my life. My only goal for this next year is to simply uncomplicate life. So my mission statement reads as the following:  
“To be the best version of myself so that I can be the best wife and mother first, and then daughter, sister, nanny, and friend. To not allow other’s words, actions, or lack of actions steal my joy, happiness, and most importantly peace. To continue to learn from my mistakes, take time-outs when needed, work on keeping my health- healthy, and to never stop praying for the Lord’s hands to work through me and in my life.”
This might sound very ambitious to most, but I know what I need to do in order to make it happen. If you are like me and need a huge change, I encourage you to do a mission statement of your own and cut out all the unnecessary crap. I’m a huge believer in that you’re constantly learning on how to be and do things better. It’s never too late!
Let’s meet back here in a year and see how far we’ve come-
S.

Comments

Popular Posts