Sympathy for Home

Unfortunately, this has been the year for death in my family. Some how as each passing seems harder than the last, the Lord has gotten us through. A sense of peace has eventually found me after realizing that each of them are in a better place now.
On Monday, my husband's grandmother passed away after struggling with cancer at the age of 94. I wish that her death was the only tragedy in this situation but unfortunately unsettled family issues were not resolved rather left unsaid. I love my father in-law, but I truly wonder if he will always regret not seeing his mom one last time. My heart hurts knowing that Thelma died without getting to see her son in what became 20 years of silence between them. Nothing in my mind seems worth that. I guess I just have to be at peace with knowing that my husband and I went and saw her after getting married last fall. I can still see the look on her face when she realized who Adam was after all of this time. I will treasure our first meeting forever.

Thelma W. Rasmussen, 94, Forest Lake, died Monday, July 29, 2013.
She is survived by her children, Francis W. (Suzanne) Schlaeger, Robert K. (Sharon) Schlaeger, John J. (Jacque) Schlaeger, Dr. James H. (Christine) Schlaeger, David V. (Cynthia) Schlaeger, Cindy L. (Bill) Moore, Thomas R. Schlaeger; 22 grandchildren, 43 great-grandchildren; two great-great grandchildren; other family and friends.
She is preceded in death by her parents, Otto and Theresa; husbands, Francis W. Schlaeger Sr., Raymond Rasmussen; daughter, Lorraine Delores; three sisters.


Comments

Popular Posts