Eight

 With my anniversary just 20 days away, it seems that it’s more than just a celebration but reflection of how far we have come. And perhaps the reward for the election finally being over too! In the past I have shared my “advice” or thoughts rather on marriage and though I will always be an advocate for marriage, I feel the longer I’m married, the less I have to say about it. Let me clarify by saying that any marriage can be boiled down to simply- continuing to choose each other. Every. Single. Day. Sure there are plenty of words and of course life to fill what a marriage means, but I have come to realize that it’s less about changing each other and instead learning from each other. My hope for my own daughters is to see that we aren’t in the perfect marriage, but instead in our own relationship being humanly perfect together. Yes, that means there’s both laughing and falling apart over here. 

It was when I realized that my husband carried the qualities that I lacked and vice versa, that I was able to live with and then also appreciate who he was as a person. It was also when I realized that life wasn’t sending us “curve balls” to tear us apart, but instead to bring us together over and over again. With that being said, I do understand how easily life can interfere. When I say that a healthy marriage is choosing each other every day- it feels good and somewhat obvious when life is good, but it’s in the days when life is hard; choosing each other will be all that you can do.

Happy 8th Anniversary Mr. Schlaeger! Doing life with you is my greatest honor- 

Comments

Popular Posts