Waiting-

 “Lord, I pray for the woman reading this right now who is in a season of waiting with her calling. She desires so deeply to take that next step, but the door has not opened yet. Help her to wait on Your perfect timing. Remind her that You will use this season of waiting to prepare her heart for something better. Give her peace and use her for Your glory right where she is, Lord. Amen.” -Ruth Schweak

I just happened to find this prayer online right after I hung up the phone. It turned out to be a life changing call because I said yes to another year of being a nanny and a stay-at-home mom when every part of my body (but my heart) said no. 

Please don’t mistake me saying I wanted something different as there is something wrong with raising kids at home. It’s been a huge blessing! But after all the tough seasons, a pandemic, and growing kids heading off to school- Im ready. I’m ready for adults. I’m ready for new challenges. I’m ready; wait, I already said that.

But my heart said yes to another year. This prayer above literally took the words out of my mouth and all the emotions that went into saying yes. It’s like this complete stranger’s prayer was meant for me. The comfort that I so desperately needed in that moment, and will continue to as I navigate another summer and two school years with six. 

Comments

Popular Posts