Better Late Then Ever







Better late then ever with this next post of mine. Although 11 months after the fact is a little pathetic on my part-

I figured with it being the last month as a parent to a one year old it was finally time for me to get around to sharing the birthday party pictures and details for the ones who don't follow me on Pinterest.
Last year I became obsessed, to say the least, with throwing Ava the perfect vintage zoo themed first  birthday party (not that she would of known any less than). To say I went overboard is an huge understatement! I actually made my husband build an animal cupcake display and managed to get high spray-painting all the plastic zoo animals, I could get my hands on, gold (only to give them away at a garage sale). Oh gosh, the things we do for our kids- right!
As far as the other decorations go, we kept it simple with a light pink (what I am still claiming to be her favorite color) and tried to keep the food within the theme. Our snack bar had peanuts in a shell for the elephant, trail mix for the zebra, dried bananas for the monkey, Swedish Fish for the seals, and animal crackers for the zookeepers. The cupcakes were a zebra cake mix and pink frosting topped with an animal cookie in a cheetah print cupcake liner. Ava's smash cake was a chocolate cake topped with an alligator candle holder in a "swamp" like frosting and my first birthday candle from my childhood.

After lunch we changed Ava's outfit into grey sweatpants with a beanie and white gloves and had her come out to the "Eye of the Tiger" song to blowout her candle. Thankfully our little walker rocked it in the spotlight!
Ava wasn't so sure what to think of all the frosting on her cake though, and ate it very cautiously. Needless to say we threw most of it away. I'll be curious to see how she does this year, but I have a feeling that Ava's sweet-tooth has come in!













Shirt- (Target)
Bib- (Custom from CafePress.com) 
Hair Clip- (Carters)
Pants-(BabyGap)
Socks- (Wal-mart)
Shoes-(BabyGap)

Grey Sweatpants-(Target)


Cupcake Liners, Ava Balloons, Vintage Animal Banner
- (LayerCakeShop.com)













Comments

Popular Posts