The Grapes of Wrath

I was trying to think of a clever or catchy title for this blog-
Yeah, not sure if I quite nailed it. Anyways, I figured over a month off of blogging about the house was a long enough break, so here I am.
Probably the ugliest (I use that term lightly) room was the kitchen. It was sponge painted a bright purple with food crusted cabinet doors that I think were supposed to be white with grape vine handles. I know what you are thinking- the 90's called and they want their sponge painting technique back! Oh, trust me we gave it back.
When we first moved in I think people just assumed it was purple for the Vikings, since well, we indeed reside in Minnesota. Well, unfortunately the previous owners just had really bad taste in decor and lacked in cleaning skills (someone teach that woman how to push a broom for me please). But now that it's all said and done, well for now anyways, we can safely eat from a much more appealing kitchen. A Khaki Tan colored kitchen to be exact!

Our dream for this kitchen is to completely remodel it someday by taking down a wall and putting in an island, and of course add new cabinets, counter tops, back-splash, flooring, and lighting. Yes, just a few things on our to-do list! But for now, I am just going to sit down and relax and pretend that the walls just magically painted themselves. Did I mention that I'm still sick of painting?!















Paint Color- Khaki by Dutch Boy (Menards)
Satin White by Behr (Home Depot)
Primer- Kilz Original (Menards)








Comments

Popular Posts