Thinking

Like you, I’ve had a lot of time to think lately. Perhaps too much time. I don’t know if you’re programmed this way too, but a lot of thinking usually gives my brain more air time then it needs. It can be a dangerous trap of negative self talk, and all things I could be doing better. With that, I’ve had to work harder at putting my wandering thoughts to bed. I’ve had to rope them in, and like I often try to do with my daring two year old, take the curiousness nature down a notch. -With Olive, two notches. Her safety and my mental health depend on it. All this time with less to do, less to see and connect with has forced me to become intentional. Intentional in the sense that I’m really the gate keeper to my own thoughts, which in turns means happiness. I’ve realized more so lately that my happiness can not depend on what others around me do or don’t do. Perhaps social distancing has shown you that too. Curiousness is a wonderful thing if it leads to trying new things that won’t kill you or to create. I guess I don’t know where I was going with all this, other than to end with better self-talk in the future. And when life becomes unpaused again, I won’t be spending time wishing or over-thinking, but instead more time just being. Just doing.

Comments

Popular Posts