Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire

I'm sorry to be dragging you around my home, quite literally! I should of warned my readers ahead of time that there would be no rhyme or reason behind which rooms I wrote about first. Now you get a glimpse on how my mind works sometimes!

I am still debating on doing a before and after on our living room, only because we kept the color the same (a fresh coat of khaki tan), but my biggest transformation wasn't just in my dinning room or kitchen (I'll get to that room next), it was our fireplace! I have to be honest, part way through painting this thing I almost changed my mind. Not that I like maroon colored tile (that still would of went), but because I was painting over the original brick (1940's) and I sort of felt like Nicole Curtis from HGTV (she just wants brick) was going to haunt me in my sleep or better yet, show up at my door and slap me in the face with my own paintbrush!! Whether or not Nicole will ever forgive me, I am so beyond happy with my final result! Our final, final plans are to remove the crown molding and put up a mantel (an old barn-wood beam preferably), but for now our stockings were hung with care by the TV.







Paint Color- I first used two coats of Kilz Orginal Primer (Menards)
Second I used two coats of Satin Ultra Pure White Premium Plus Primer + Paint by Behr (Home Depot) 
Frog Multi-surface Painters Tape 
3/4" Nap Roller
Angled Trim Paint Brush





Comments

Popular Posts