One Rule

To be honest with Mother's Day drawing near this post should really be about honoring the wonderful ladies in my life that I get to call mother, grandmother and mother in-law. But as fantastic as these three are, and the rest of the mothers in my life, I had to share the following.

I stumbled across these words, and I know that I couldn't have written them better myself.

50 Rules for Dads of Daughters by Michael Mitchell, I was in tears as I read through this list, as I am sure many grown daughters will be. Please check out his blog at lifetoheryears.com

I am a very blessed daughter myself and like Michael, I am sure my own dad could share a few words of wisdom. However, I wanted to be sure and share the number one rule that Michael describes as the most important because it reminded me of the true example I grew up with.

1. Love her mom. Treat her mother with respect, honor, and a big heaping spoonful of public displays of affection. When she grows up, the odds are good she'll fall in love with and marry someone who treats her much like you treated her mother. Good or bad, that's the way it is. I'd prefer good.

 Looking back, growing up I was surrounded by what Michael describes above. I know now that the Lord was present in every day of my parent's marriage, what they have taught me to be the most important ingredient in a successful relationship. When reading this rule, I was reminded of just how blessed I am. I had very much found the same type of character that my dad was and will always be in what I call my husband. I am very much looking forward to Adam carrying out this with our own daughter someday.

Here's to good dads and husbands.

Comments

Popular Posts